Who has caught them all?

Discussion in 'General' started by InAlpha, Oct 15, 2015.

1. InAlpha

InAlpha New Member

Any stats or repository with info on anyone that's filled out all Z, SS, S, companion, etc rosters?
    Just really curious how many people have accomplished what appears to me to be a Herculean task...

2. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

There's tons of people with all characters. I don't think anyone has all companions otherwise we'd have seen a gloating post somewhere.

3. Dr. Class

Dr. Class Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Ahhh
    I remember when it was a herculean task.
    Boy, everyone who was anyone was SBing from the tiniest speck of dawn till the scent of supper licked our tired noses (more accurately, it was considered efficient SBing if you were capable of using near the 288 cap, not sure if anyone actually used all 288 though. If anyone did I'd have my bets on Kiv - he used to be a moderator known for his dedication)
    Now, you might not think it, but yer old man here was one of those spunky punks jus' itchin to make a name for myself.

In all seriousness, most of those people in that "SB boom", if you were to call it anything, either completed PoT or lost whatever footing they thought they gained. It's a daunting task, but many people have done it. It just takes dedication or a lot of money.

I can't name that many, but I know for sure Rex, G Malo, and Hayden have - if you wanted to ask them about it, I think Hayden's the only one who still hangs around. Elelyon and Laura Lita were pretty close too.
    Of course, that's only the few I can actually name. No doubt there are many more.

supergaijin, tieuzbao and InAlpha like this.
  4. FishInTheDark

FishInTheDark Forum Event Manager Staff Member

I have all the PoT/PoF characters as well. I don't think any of us lost our advantage. It's just less important given how customizeable characters are and how we are now able to tackle any challenges in creative ways. It used to just be SS Mage = easy boss kill. Now we have to think about physical vs magical, status effects, supports etc. I also think the introduction of buddies demotivated the completionists.

Epicancient and InAlpha like this.
  5. Cel

Cel Well-Known Member

Kiv only made it through the 288 stamina because he could spam 1-4 really fast, and didn't care about stamina efficiency. If you were fast with 1-5, you needed to spend 8 hours a day to drain your stamina, and up to 12 if you're slow about it. At that rate, SBing is like a job, and you're probably better off working, getting experience, and using the money to fund your TB habits.

I can't say I enjoyed my process from finishing, and now that my last character is almost 100% SB, I actually have nothing to do. I don't spend money on this game, so it's just sitting around everyday collecting energy. I guess I can level all jobs/classes to 90, and farm metal tickets for companions all day, but it seems so marginal, and I'm personally not competitive enough to try to get top 10 in PvP.

6. Laura Lita

Laura Lita Just a Moderator Staff Member

Medals:
    Yeah, like Kivanc I did not care for stamina efficiency as much as others did and still don't. I greatly preferred 1-4 to 1-5 because I could eat away at my stamina quicker that way. I also greatly preferred 20-1 and 23-4 to Chaos II because I didn't have to co-op. The rate of incoming new content has been so slow I never felt the need to rush SBing characters, farming items, or grinding levels. Many times, my stamina is left at over 100 for multiple hours nowadays.

Collecting all Otomo is certainly not something I will bother doing though because some require purchasing DLC or participating in pvp events and ranking high enough. I haven't made it particularly clear in the VS Mode threads, but I'm not very interested in the mode and so I don't invest much of my time into it. That just leaves the Companion of Truth-exclusive Otomo, and that's really just dice rolls. My current goal, I suppose, is to obtain most of the SS and S Otomo (basically the ones I care about). I don't really expect to achieve that currently because a) there are no good events to guarantee S and SS pulls and b) it requires too much time and resources to accomplish that.

7. phario86

phario86 Active Member

I was sadly (or happily?) the last person to see Kiv's account, and I gave it away to some lucky chap here on the forums. The one thing that you have to remember is that Kiv was between jobs during his SB madness. Once his own life stabilized, I think he was rather happy to let go of TB. The thing about SBing is that it's a really hardcore activity, and a lot of people adopt the attitude that if they can't do it hardcore, they won't do it at all. This leads to a lot of people giving up the game. From my perspective, Kiv should have stayed with the game and just played casually, but from his perspective, I suppose it was all or nothing.

I think a few people have quit the game since with the same attitude. That is the biggest danger, to me, of SBing. You can't really do it half-way. You either drain the PoT fully, going through the Bs, As, Ss, SSs, and then Zs in order. Or you don't.

Domivi likes this.
  8. Kindred

Kindred New Member

I'm saving my master ball for Jennish Z

On a more related note, I'm trying to clear out all the golds (Finished with A & B) so I'd say that I'm well on my way.

9. Zeroelcapo

Zeroelcapo Well-Known Member

... i catched 150 pokemons... does that count? :D

vbatti likes this.
  10. BambY

BambY Active Member

when playing PVP, you realize that there is a lot of people with all character at 100% SB..... it is like 95% of my encounter !
    talking about buddies, having them all is not the end : you also have to level them :D and 6 of each, just in case.

InAlpha likes this.
  11. Chev4

Chev4 Active Member

Z ranks recodes(which should be what you're mostly encountering in PvP) are much easier to get to 100% because of 40% boost, so it doesn't mean those players have completed or even close to completing PoT.

12. Tuo

Tuo Active Member

I'm one who finished the characters. I kept records of it in my "loaning" post (see sig). It was a daunting task, and I often spent around 200 stamina on it per day (on 1-5).

Was it worth it?
    Yes and no.

Yes as it's fun to have every character in the game at my disposal (with 100% SB, even soon on Echo too). It also makes winning PVP and WC much easier. I also really enjoy helping out other players with my "loan" offerings.

No as I now no longer have much of a goal to Terra Battle. Sure I have lots of otomos/buddies to find and level up, but most of my Z's are at 70+, especially with the recent ATHK in the arena, so I'd be doing metal zones just for buddies or to level up lower characters (which seem very fast (even S/SS) after focusing on Z's for so long ;) ). I've mostly moved past TB at this point. Only PvP (just getting to S rank due to the "invalid" nature of the S's), WCs, and events keep me coming back. It's stupid sitting on over 50 energy and having nothing to do with it now (not wasting it on CoT... tried 10x pulls during the 2x rate and got no golds)...

13. supergaijin

supergaijin Well-Known Member

:lurking:

14. TriggerHurt

TriggerHurt Active Member

I'm only SB'ing casually, mostly aiming at finishing A and B so that I don't have to wait for the guaranteed 2 gold event. Not sure I'll aim at finishing the PoT then. Having already completed all the achievements in other games (especially Guildwars 1) I know that the final completion of a game is the most anticlimactic experience you can have in gaming,and can often mean you lose all interest in the game.