Will TH and Moneybags be important in TB2 ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Todd, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

In TB1 these were valuable and sought-after skills To help with grinding.

Earning coins was useful for clearing out the pact of friendship to get certain characters for free and clear them out of pact of truth.

Now we don’t have that functionality at all, and coins are currently only used to buy essentially useless junk. Even the last 3 items in the shop are ehhh, the zapper isn’t needed at all, the last 2 I guess are the only things really worth purchasing, and can easily be afforded without moneybags.

Perhaps more shops will open in later chapters with more valuable items in them? What future functionality do you think could be added to TB2 so that coins had more value to be amassed in large quantities?

Next up, treasure hunter. In TB1 we needed all sorts of items for all sorts of job advancements and recodes. That all seems simplified now. I find myself able to recode anyone I want without having to worry about the items. Certainly don’t seem to need TH at this time. Do you think that certain future encounters could have small chances of dropping valuable equipment? Perhaps that would keep TH somewhat relevant.

2. Screwattack94

Screwattack94 Active Member

Right now it's not needed, but if you have someone with theese skills, level him anyway. It certainly won't hurt in the future.

3. kokocat

kokocat New Member

Levi is simple and yet it drops A items. I can imagine difficult stages dropping S/SS items with a lower drop rate.

4. Moto

Moto Active Member

Yeah TH is probably for the equipment. I wouldnt mind more berets from leviathan since rates for good equipment in this game are abyssmal.

Money bags...I don't even know if that influences the quest medals or the Un-coins. Maybe if they have a shop with unlimited mighties or zappers or something.

5. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

In one of the in-game hints, one of them show a shop managed by a lizardfolk instead of Un. So, yeah, there probably would be other shops with different stuff.

6. Rosgath

Rosgath Active Member

Considering that chapter 5 drops deux cone (literally French for 2) I think we can reasonably expect at least 2 more stores with more valuable equipment. Possibly even more than that.

I'm gonna guess that TH is more specifically useful for events in this game. It seems to me that they don't want to limit players being able to access all of a guardians power with farmables here, but rather have more exciting add-ons like companions and equipment come from TH.

7. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    One use I can see TH helping with is farming mighties, zappers, and quest coins via potion drops. If we get a farming spot we can quickly kill and repeat, it should be easy to rake in xp or coins for future shops. I'm guessing in late game the shops will have fun things that cost a lot that cycle from time to time.

8. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

Isn't chapter 3 monster house already like that? Sometimes I even get Phoenix Downs, which are worth more than Potions.

9. Person Man

Person Man Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Chapter 3 monster house is not as good as chapter 1 sync runs.