Xena: RNA or DNA

Discussion in 'Units & Items' started by Ragnarok, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

I think everyone with this bow wielding gardian wants to know the awnser to this. The way I see it, which is its simplest form, you have DNA= damage and RNA= unitilty.

Thoughts for RNA: I can P2W for nice equipment so I don’t need TH, but I like the idea of putting this up for friends to use my TH. I like the effect of levitation too.

Thoughts for DNA: I will be useing Xena and Elga for my frontlines/pincers and a mage and healer as my team. I think I will want high damage. I have SS bows on her already so her damage is good either way for current content.

What should I do?
    What have other done and are they happy with it?

2. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

We discussed that yesterday in chat and we noticed its totally up to you.
    I for example would definitely use her DNA form because I can get rid of the "moving enemies" mechanic and get stealth. I don't like TB2 movement at all but some others prefer moving enemies instead of slipping through them and see stealth as a huge disadvantage.

Sooo: If you would have a ct+4 and her in DNA form you would be my most wanted friend and I think I would not use anyone else really often since I mess up pincers because of moving enemies away from them^^"

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

4. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

She is a Princer and I use my princer to move enemies. Hymn, your right. I could not use her to move enemies. That’s a drawback. How much more Atk does she do in DNA? What the top side.

5. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

Well it depends on her equipment... since guard themselves only provide the multipliers and not the attack and since attack scales potentially you can't compare two forms without an attack value/equipment very well..
    Her RNA has Mega, Giga, Tera => 6 mutli
    Her DNA has Mega, Giga, Tera, Peta = 9,5 multi
    the formula seems to be
    lets assume you have 200 attack and enemie has 200 defense

RNA
    1.12 x 6 x ((200 x 1.12)^1.7) / (200 ^0.7) = 1629.558

DNA

1.12 x 9.5 x ((200 x 1.12)^1.7) / (200 ^0.7) = 2580.134
    -> more than 50% more. For me it's an easy choice... more damage, stealth and getting rid of moving enemies is just too strong in my opinion.

ct+4 means control time -> you have more time to drag your units.

6. Allatar

Allatar Active Member

Since Recoding from DNA to RNA and vice versa requires farmable items , you can swap when needed.

Right now i'm using the RNA for Levitate all, to farm Zmey Hard mode. The TH 50% may become usefull too. But when i'll be done with Zmey I think i'll go DNA for mor Damage and possibly more SBing (leeching Arrow seems to be a 10% activation skill)

7. Silver Mitsuki

Silver Mitsuki The Italian Mod Staff Member

Medals:
    For stages like Zmey that feature a number of non-moveable enemies Stealth is a petty useful resource, but most of the game stages are specifically designed on this new mechanic, covering the map with a large number of foes that can be defeated all at once with a correct positioning and the right AoE.
    In few cases the Stealth skill will come in help, but for now as the moveable enemies outnumber the non-moveable ones I find a bad idea preferring Xena's DNA Recode over her RNA form exclusively because "you don't like it": as long as you won't accept the fact that different games have different mechanics you'll have a bad time on the harder stages, and the sooner you'll get used to them, the better.

Other reasons why I absolutely didn't consider the option of DNA recoding my Xena are:
    • The Treasure Hunter ability, that gives a huge boost (relative +10% at lv60, upgrades at +50% at lv90)
    • Her Levitation ability, that allows to avoid spikes and other traps (that on synced mode can own you) as well as special attacks like those of Leviathan and Zmey
    • Her Field ability [Control Time +], that increases up to 10 Seconds the dragging time (more about this skill on the thread A word on the [F] Control Time+ ability)
    Furthermore, even if you want a support that does their job, Xena RNA is also an excellent damage dealer; in some cases you want to give to one unit a bunch of defensive skills and designate them to protect your party, but her RNA can even be a better damage dealer than the DNA as her 3 skills (over 4 on DNA) upgrade by levelling up until having a 100% (mega), 100% (giga) and 80% (tera) chance of activation, against the 4 attack skills with a chance of 100% (Mega), 50% (Giga), 50% (Tera) and 30% (Peta) --plus Leeching Bow.

So, my opinion is that as long as you're playing more casually, don't have some OP equips/companions or don't have a realiable source for generating PP, the RNA is definitively the better choice over every point of view.

8. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

But this can be achieved with stealth too...mostly the enemies don't cover the entire arena and there are free spaces in the first/last rows/lines (at least my experience) so stealth fits perfectly fine
    And since story chapters are (at the moment) not as hard as event stages it`s far more useful to have strong units against them instead of weak story one-shots

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  9. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    In many occasions enemies aren't placed in a way that make easy for you make a long column/row, and without Stealth (and with the right AoE) most of your battles will last only one turn, as the game gives to you everything you need to cover the whole map with one pincer since Chapter 1.

Again, Stealth is a good skill when used correctly and flanked by other units, but besides that the RNA has a more versatile skillset if you opt to stick with the TB1 mechanic of not being able to swap enemies not because it makes easier to do some specific pincers, but because you want to "get rid" of a mechanic that symbolize a different game you're going to have a bad time in the latter chapters of the game, where there will be less room for errors and you didn't make enough experience with the basic function of TB2.

And again, there's nothing of powerful of having a lower chance to proc almost all of your attack skills only to have the ability to deal more damage when, after few turns, you are finally able to chain a Powered Point and manage to deal an higher damage (to an enemy that can usually be killed with a Mega skill and some A or B class equip).

Try to play a Metal Zone with Stealth, and tell me if you have a good time. I don't play with Stealth, and almost all my runs end with me clearing the floor with absolutely 0 effort.

10. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

I would like to play Metal Zone with stealth but I don't have the unit I was lucky enough to get it once from another player and it was much more enjoyable... I'm messing up most pincers because I can't move my units around enemies since they always move away, so stealth makes things much easier.
    I have enough AoE to cover the field but only when I'm able to perform pincer. I'm not sure if you can really know for sure that I'm going to have a hard time. You don't know what MW is going to do, do you? You don't know their plans, do you? Many people told me Shinen would not be easier with AminaZ and her O otomo too but it was a difference between day and night for me (compared to Kraken before Kraken OII was introduced)

What's easier and what's harder depends on the preferences of each player. In my experience many people believe it was easier to farm coins in the TB1 puzzle quest than in the daily that gives much coins when you know how, but for me the daily ended with 65k coins while the puzzle provided me nearly nothing.

I'm able to pincer the non movable units without any problem while the others move to the wrong place everytime I try to move a unit diagonal which messes up my pincers.

11. Silver Mitsuki

Medals:
    Do you? And do you know that is possible to change from RNA to DNA anytime by paying a small price, that later on in the game, when the Stealth skill might be required, will appear to us even smaller as we'll have ton of materials for doing it?
    I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to like Stealth; I said 3 times in 2 posts that is a really nice skill that provides a nice extra, but the focus of this thread is which one among DNA and RNA is preferable, and I answered by listing a series of advantages that in my opinion surpass the utility of a skill whose usefulness is way lower than in TB1.

My opinion on her DNA is that Stealth makes some moves easier, but alone, and with a lower chance to proc all the active skills is definitively not worth.

Little OT: you said that you are trying to move your units in Metal Zone, that's because you still lack of experience with this new mechanic, experience that you'll never get if you'll keep playing as this is TB1. The moment that you won't find an avatar with Xena, or when you'll need a different support you'll start having more problems if you didn't assimilate it properly.

Also, you don't even need to move around your units that much in Metal Zone: I know that the way people play it is of course different, but I leave most of my units in one place, use Samatha RNA (CT+4 Seconds) to make a column of enemies, then pincer it (eventually after pincering one or more Metal Orbling first to get more EXP from the moveable enemies from a second chain), and the Row/Column Skills do their job.

In some occasions Stealth might be useful, but as the position of many enemies on this stage is randomized, in order to have a good time you want to move them in a nice position and kill them all by doing as less pincers as possible.

Because if you focus on using a guardian with Stealth, you'll hardly reach ALL of the moveable enemies that, as I said, spawn in a random position with one single pincer, and you'll need to move your units around the map to do more. This is how TB1 is played, not TB2.

Again, this is OT but I'd really like to know who those people are.

12. Anubarak

Anubarak Active Member

It's no "new" mechanic to move units diagonal.. I was never able to do that properly in tb1 and I tried it for years. So I don't expect I'll be able to in TB2. That's the only reason why I prefer not moving them at all.
    When I have a situation like this
    O = free space
    X = enemy
    M = my unit
    and want to move it like that
    it always ends up
    which always messes up double pincers, power points and it consumes much more time to move my units properly to the position I want.
    because of that stealth makes more sense for me personally => I (just for myself) suggest everyone to use this form because it provides better damage and utility.

Of course I know, but I don't think I'm going to do that very often since I don't farm that much. It depends on how often those items will drop.

I'll tell you in a personal conversation

Maybe you could upload a video for this. Because I have not figured out how to do this properly. Performing multiple double pincer to clear everything is much smoother for me (like in TB1)
    In Stage1 of MZ3 there are "anchor" points of violet enemies so I can move my units around them but in stage2/3 there are not such opportunities that's the point where I mess up because I lose too much time

13. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Thank you so much for this conversation. I love when two or more people who know what they are talking about hash out their thinking process. We all learn from you. Thank you and I know many players like me benefit from your experience, reasons, and the time you took to post something. Thank you. I know what I am going to do:)

Feel free to continue the discussion for others benefit. I also enjoy listening/reading what smart people have to say :)

Silver Mitsuki likes this.
  14. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

I have Xena, started as DNA, changed to RNA for levitation for Zmey, now changed back to DNA
    The recode price is small
    One thing I haven't seen yet in these discussions is the consideration of skill boosting
    Her DNA skillset is much better for gaining SB, compared to RNA. And yeah, it's kind of a big deal because she drops 2 nice pieces of gear for her union rewards.
    I've been SB'ing her pretty consistently and the rate slowed down when I had her in RNA form. Now that she's back in DNA form, her SB rate seems better again. I'm almost at 100% SB tonight!

Anubarak likes this.
  15. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

Congrats, I will be there soon

16. Allatar

Allatar Active Member

Wrong, i talk about SBing in DNA form in my previous post :angelic:

17. TrueShadow

TrueShadow Well-Known Member

You can just switch between DNA and RNA as you need, no? I dunno about Z classes, but my Samatha's cost of switching is merely 2 Monstrous Hearts/Souls, 1 Un Core/Matter, and 5 Nucleotides, all of them farmable. Hearts and Souls drop from Levi/Zmey/Recode Quests, while the others can be easily farmed in chapter 1 synced. And I imagine when Recode Quest normal/hard comes around, farming those will get even easier.

Silver Mitsuki likes this.